List of Exemptions
ECS Health and Safety, List of Approved Equivalent Exemptions
Applicants who are able to show they hold certain valid and current certificates are exempt from taking the ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment.
Assessments and Qualifications which allow a three year exemption:-
- Apprentices, Adult Trainees and Crediting Electrotechnical Competence (CEC) Scheme candidates who have been awarded an SQA/SJIB SVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Structures (Electrical Installation-Building and Structures) or an SQA/SJIB SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation. Both qualifications are awarded in Scotland.
- Apprentices, Adult Trainees and Mature Candidate Assessment candidates who have been awarded an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures & Environment. This qualification is awarded in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- CCNSG Safety Passport - National Course.
- CCNSG Safety Passport - Renewal Course.
- CCNSG Safety Passport – Supervising / Leading a Team Safely Course.
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS Refresher).
- CITB Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
- CITB Health, Safety and Awareness: Site Safety Plus.
- Construction Skills Register CSR (Northern Ireland).
- ECA Operative & New Entrant H&S Awareness course. (Available from December 2015)
- ECITB Health & Safety Passport.
- IOSH Managing Safely in the Engineering Construction Industry (ECITB module 4) – Full Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction.
- IOSH Working Safely (on-line e–assessments are not an exemption)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- NEBOSH Level 3 General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification.
- Safety Passport Alliance (SPA) Passport – Core Day.
Please Note: An ECS Health and Safety Assessment or any of the approved exemptions will be only accepted for one card application.
Queries over other nationally recognised qualifications should be addressed to the JIB or the SJIB (as appropriate). To have a course considered as an exemption, a copy of the syllabus must be sent to the JIB or the SJIB (as appropriate). The syllabus will then be mapped against the ECS Health & Safety Assessment and submitted to the ECS Steering Committee for consideration. Written notification of the outcome of the exemption request will be sent to the applying body.
Revised: 20 January 2021